Saturday, April 29, 2006

La Sirena

The outside dimension on this frame is a little over 6 inches tall by 8 inches wide. The inside of the mat is about 3 by 5. I'm really, really happy how this turned out and I have ideas for a series of them including one with a peacock feather and one with a woman with butterfly wings. I think there will probably be several more as well.

The shells & sand are real. The starfish just happened to fit the one she is holding just perfectly. The paper inside the bottle reads "Love Song of the Siren". I really like the finish on the frame. I managed to get the bleached out "beach" feel that I was looking for. You can't really see it in these pics, but under the ivory top coat, you can see both blue & brown peaking thru in different areas. There is glass that covers the front of the frame...I just had to take it out to get a decent picture without any "flash back" from the camera's flash.



0 comments: